I just had to make something sweet and yummy for my MONKEY! I just love showing my affection through baking, but I also need to keep my clean eating, paleo passion in check. I feel so much better about treats for my Monkey that I am confident about. I love knowing exactly what is in her food! I wont lie, I do let her have cookies and naughty things when we are with friends/family or out, but if I can make a little different here at home, I am all about it!!
- 1 large overripe bananas (ideally so ripe you are thinking about tossing them in the compost)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour(measure after sifting)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate (60-70 % cacao, or cacoa nibs)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 pan with coconut oil, palm shortening, lard or butter (or use a silicone pan and skip the greasing).
- Peel bananas and mash with a fork until mushy and smooth. Add eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly to form a batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared baking sheet and spread batter out evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes. Let cool. Cut into squares.
- If you are going to do the chocolate drizzle, simply melt chocolate and your chosen fat together. Use a spoon to drizzle over the top. You can let the drizzle harden at room temperature or pop it in the fridge if you’re feeling impatient (I cut squares before drizzling, but you don’t have to).