Anyone else excited for FALL EVERYTHING!? I have been having dreams of pumpkin spice, leaves changing, crisp cool air, apple orchards and chai tea heart emoticon. In celebration of the up coming season (seriously Eric thinks I am obsessed with Fall!) I am back in the kitchen baking up some fall goodies! Our traveling has settled down a bit for the year and I am glad I can get back to one of my biggest passions… the kitchen! (bet you didn’t know I loved to bake!?)
Enjoy this healthy option.
Healthy Apple Crisp
2 organic apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp honey
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt coconut oil in microwave. Mix with honey.
3. Mix together apples, 1 Tbsp of oil/honey mixture, and 2 Tbsp of oat flour.
4. Place covered apples in the bottom of the pan.
5. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and spread on top of the apples.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Let me know what you think! Clearly my family ate it all
before I could get a photo of it!