So I am a sucker for anything slower cooker! I love the smell of the food roasting in my house all day, I love the ease of having dinner ready for you at dinner time! Its a total win! So check out this healthy and delicious recipe that I tried today in my kitchen !!
We are in the middle of Winter and of course the Crock pot is out and we are all about wholesome, delicious warm meals!
It was truly delightful to see all of these colors in my crock pot and on my kitchen island.
This sauce is very light and OMG SOOO DELICIOUS! It also smells incredible! My entire home smelled like soy and honey all day! Dream!!
The recipe calls for bone in chicken but I went with chicken tenderloin because I really wanted to have a leaner protein. You can go either way.
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots and green beans, garnished with parsley, if desired.