Turkey Day is getting close and closer. The family, the fun, and the feast are something we all should enjoy. After all, Thanksgiving only comes once a year. But gaining weight through the holidays is practically a national pastime! Here are a couple tips on having a thinner Thanksgiving you can still enjoy!
Sounds like a no brainer but a lot of people are running around and getting things ready. They skip this important step and figure they will save the calories for the big meal. However, eating a healthy breakfast will make it easier for you to control how much you eat. Your body wont enter that “Hangry” mode we all know we get where we can justify eating anything and everything.
Try to fit in at least a 30 minute workout. Your body will wake up, your metabolism will increase, and you’ll feel more accomplished. This accomplished frame of mind will make it easier for you to pass on the cupcakes (don’t let it justify you eating one)
Police your Portions
I’m not saying eat dry turkey and water. But know how much you should be eating before you start loading up that plate. Here’s a good plan:
1. Half cup of veggies.
2. Turkey portion should look about the size of a deck of cards. White meat if you can.
3. Just enough gravy to taste, no need to drown your turkey, it’s already dead.
4. Keep those potatoes light and small. Avoid the butter, try some warmed chicken broth, herbs or roasted garlic.
5. Half cup of stuffing.
6. Quarter cup of cranberry sauce. A great alternative is Cranberry Jello, one cup is only 10 calories
7. Enjoy that pumpkin pie! You don’t get it often and it isn’t Thanksgiving without it. But keep it to one slice and don’t eat any other sweets!!!!
Slow your Roll
Take your time while eating. This is a smart idea whenever you’re eating. It helps prevent over eating and button busting!
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!